NerdWallet (501+ Employees, 56% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
NerdWallet’s editorial team is seeking an Video Content Creator to cover the personal finance choices that millions of Americans grapple with every day. Successful candidates must be able to translate complex topics into conversational videos and social media posts that frame the answers consumers seek with the context they deserve.
Where you can make an impact:
- Develop a deep understanding of NerdWallet’s values and personality, and effectively represent our brand in consumer-facing media channels.
- Identify and craft video talking points for audience-relevant personal finance topics and trending news stories.
- Work with internal partners to manage the video content calendar and set a social media strategy.
- Appear on camera in weekly YouTube and social media videos to engage our audience with best-in-class financial advice.
- Partner with our social media production team to create content in line with channel best practices.
- Test new content strategies to maximize audience engagement and reach of NerdWallet videos.
- Identify opportunities to improve the production process, expand the reach of NerdWallet video content, and help part-time video Nerds understand how to create great video content.
- Passionate about helping our audience and ensuring that NerdWallet’s content is consistently engaging, clear and actionable.
- A strong communicator who can empathize with consumers and help them navigate complex financial decisions.
- Savvy about social media and excited to become one of the faces of NerdWallet on our consumers’ favorite video platforms.
- Able to consistently generate ideas for engaging an audience in memorable and distinctive ways.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, responsive environment where priorities and timelines are subject to shift based on the market and consumer news cycles.
- Data-driven and able to demonstrate strong quantitative and analytical skills to find new insights and compelling stories.
- Open to constructive, honest and candid feedback in order to accelerate your personal skill set and grow NerdWallet’s audience.
- Willing to give constructive feedback, work through competing viewpoints, and handle challenging conversations with coworkers effectively.
- Able to collaborate well with writers, editors and cross-functional teams.
That’s what it takes to thrive at NerdWallet, where we guide consumers on a broad range of financial topics, including credit cards, banking, personal loans, student loans, mortgages, insurance and investing.
Our content team is 120+ strong and includes journalists with experience from The Associated Press, Bloomberg, the Los Angeles Times, MSN, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post. We also have staff members who have spent years as successful freelancers or in fields outside journalism.
What we have in common: We take initiative. We think strategically. We problem-solve effectively. We’re flexible. We’re highly collaborative.
To be considered, you must:
- Have experience appearing on camera in videos created for at least one of the following: YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, Twitch, TV or a personal blog.
- Be able to work and shoot videos independently.
- Be active on social media and comfortable responding to breaking news and trending topics with limited preparation.
Submit the following with your application:
- Links to three samples of consumer-first video content that break down complex topics in creative and engaging ways.
- Links to two writing samples. If you don’t have writing links to share, you may include two samples at the end of your cover letter.
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Industry leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 13 holidays + 4 Mental Health Days Off
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Financial wellness, guidance, and unlimited access to a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) through Northstar
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga, and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend, Cell Phone Stipend, and Wifi Stipend
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity and Inclusion, Womxn, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours, and team events across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you’re remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self – we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
- Commuting stipend
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.