Lodestar (, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are currently seeking an experiencedxa0VMware Design and Operations Engineer to join our team in support of a Federal client.xa0 We are a fast-growing small business (named to Inc5000’s list of fast growing companies in Americaxa0for the past two years and Best Places to Work in 2022), seeking dynamic thinkers and outstanding communicators who want to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and grow with Lodestar Consulting Inc. Our client delivery philosophy combines experienced consultants who have had repeated success in delivering emerging technologies within the Federal Sector with highly knowledgeable client domain experts. We focus on hiring and developing top talent to provide superior support to our clients, and to grow and develop our team for long-term repeatable success. Our team members are experienced, professional, enthusiastic, and able to quickly apply their skills to diverse situations to ensure our client’s needs are met. If you love to solve problems, assist clients in emerging technologies, or simply drive meaningful change for clients, there’s a place for you at Lodestar Consulting.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for leading and implementing VDI design, implementation, and support in a cloud environment.
- Implement Oracle Cloud VMware Solution (OCVS) in a complex environment.xa0 xa0
- Design, Configuration, Implementation and Troubleshooting all aspects of OVCS in an large enterprise environment.xa0xa0
- 5+xa0years inxa0VMware operationsxa0with a strong emphasis on engineering and operations
- VMware background to implement Oracle Cloud VMware Solution (OCVS) (or similar experience) implementing the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) in a complex environmentxa0xa0
- Proficiency in NSX-T, vSphere, vCenter, ESXi, Horizon, profile management, Virtual Machine Encryption solutions for Design, Configuration, Implementation and Troubleshooting all aspects of OVCS in an large enterprise environmentxa0xa0
- Must have or be willing to quickly obtain a current CompTIA Security+ Certification (Or any of the following certifications for 8570 baseline: CISSP, CCNA, CAP, CASP+ CE, CCISO, CND, CSSLP, CYSA+, GSLC, SSCP, etc. -xa0DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certifications – DoD Cyber Exchange)
- Must be able to start Common Access Card (CAC) request as soon as job is accepted
- Understanding of OCI Administration and deployment of OCVS
- Strong infrastructure skills in networking/OCI Routing, security, VM troubleshooting, Microsoft and Linux OSxa0xa0xa0
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a business-related field
- Must have an Active DoD IT-1/TS or Secret personnel clearance (requires US Citizenship)
Individuals will have the opportunity to enhance skills in the area of technical competency, business development, client service, and people development. Project characteristics can change frequently and require self-motivated individuals that are willing to develop solutions on their own or in a team of highly skilled professionals.
Salary commensurate with experience. Travel and relocation expenses may be considered based on the appropriate candidate. If you are looking to learn and contribute to a rapidly growing consulting and financial management business, we’d love to hear from you.xa0Pleasexa0No Sponsors or Agencies!
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new Lodestar Consulting team members will be required to comply with any Federal, State, or local guidance related to COVID-19. This may include being fully vaccinated, unless legally entitled to a Reasonable Accommodation because of a disability (which includes medical conditions) or because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. COVID-19 testing prior to visiting an office space may also be required and/or offered as an alternative to proof of vaccination or reasonable accommodation, depending on the current guidance in effect. Client site vaccination requirements, if different or stricter, will take precedence over Lodestar Consulting’s policies, complying with the mandates currently in effect. Vaccination status must be submitted prior to the first day of employment. Prospective or new team members may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement during the Onboarding process. Exemptions must be approved prior to start date. Additional questions may be directed to our HR Coordinator or Company President ([emailxa0protected]).
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.