Flywire (501+ Employees, 60% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Are you ready to trade your job for a journey? Become a FlyMate!
Passion, excitement & global collaboration are all core to what it means to be a FlyMate. At Flywire, we’re on a mission to deliver the world’s most important and complex payments. We use our Flywire Advantage – the combination of our next-gen payments platform, proprietary payment network and vertical specific software, to help our clients get paid, and help their customers pay with ease – no matter where they are in the world.
What more do we need to truly be unstoppable? Perhaps, that is you!
Who we are:
Flywire is a global payments enablement and software company, founded a decade ago to solve high-stakes, high-value payments in education, using modern technology.
Today, we’ve digitized payments for more than 2,500 global clients across education, healthcare, travel & B2B, covering more than 240 countries and territories and supporting over 140 currencies. And, we’re just getting started!
With over 700 global FlyMates, representing more than 40 nationalities, and in 12 offices world-wide, we’re looking for FlyMates to join the next stage of our journey as we continue to grow.
We have a mission to make data the central theme at Flywire: from leveraging data to operate & manage the business, to embedding machine learning within our product and platform, to leveraging data even more in communicating to our clients and payers. To this, we are seeking a VP of Data & Analytics to take our strategic vision to the next level. Not only will you have a chance to lead a team of 16 data scientists, analysts, and builders, but you will play a vital role in shaping and leading the company into the future and bringing our vision to life. As part of the role, you will:
- Lead and manage Flywire’s Data & Analytics team, including defining (and refining) its vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Identify unexplored data opportunities for the business to unlock and maximize the potential of data within the organization
- Build / supervise advanced data models to better inform our product & product strategy (machine learning and reinforcement learning, among others)
- Oversee the enterprise-wide management of the organization's data assets
- Oversee the development of internal resources, tools, and technologies that empower those at Flywire to have access to reliable metrics and insightful analyses
- Build organizational processes to scale a growing team, including recruiting, onboarding, and day-to-day operational management
- Architect the next generation of our data platforms using cutting-edge cloud tooling and architectures
- Direct business intelligence initiatives; focus on creating operational efficiency and driving business decisions by providing quantitative and qualitative data analysis
Here’s What We’re Looking For:
- B.S. or Master’s in a quantitative field (e.g. computer science, statistics, economics, math) or equivalent
- 10+ years of relevant Data Science, Applied Mathematics, and/or IT experience
- Prior experience leading a data analytics team and owning an organization’s data function, while working collaboratively with other departments and leadership teams
- Significant experience working with diverse business stakeholders, contributing key insights that helped the organization execute and grow
- Experience with building and leveraging machine learning models
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage large and complex data sets, with a particular focus on consumer and or investment-like profiles
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to explain technical concepts and insights to a variety of audiences
- Familiarity with relational database modeling, database applications and integrations, ETL tools, client/server solutions, and modern query languages preferred
- Experience managing and developing high-performance teams
- Ability to engage with a wide variety of team members at different levels, delivering insights and recommendations
Technologies We Use:
- Meltano/Apache Beam -> BigQuery -> dbt -> Looker/Tableau
- Airflow (GCP Composer)
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, including Restricted Stock Units
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Flying Start – Our immersive Global Induction Program (Meet our Execs & Global Teams)
- Work with brilliant people that will keep you on your toes, learn more about their journeys by checking out #InsideFlywire on social media
- Dynamic & Global Team (we have been collaborating virtually for years!)
- Wellbeing Programs (Mental Health, Wellness, Yoga/Pilates/HIIT Classes) with Global FlyMates
- Be a meaningful part in our success – every FlyMate makes an impact
- Competitive time off including FlyBetter Days to volunteer in a cause you believe in and Digital Disconnect Days!
- Great Talent & Development Programs (Managers Taking Flight – for new or aspiring managers!)
Submit today and get started!
We are excited to get to know you! Throughout our process you can expect 4-5 rounds of interviews with different FlyMates including the Hiring Manager, Peers on the team, the VP of the department, and a homework assignment (don’t worry – this is the fun part!) your Talent Acquisition Partner will walk you through the steps and be your “go-to” person for any questions.
Flywire is an equal opportunity employer. With over 40 nationalities across 12 different offices, and diversity and inclusion at the core of our people agenda, we believe our FlyMates are our greatest asset, and we’re excited to watch our unique culture evolve with each new hire.