Flux Academy (, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
learn the art & business of web design
Flux Academy is hiring a Remote VP Marketing & Growth
At Flux Academy we’re bringing world-class design education online, helping people who want to make a living doing creative work transform their careers.
Since launching 2 years ago, we’ve already helped +4,600 students build their design careers – they love our programs and it helps them bring more value and make more money, we’ve also helped over 270,000 designers for free on our social media channels.
We are 100% independent, 100% remote (always, not just in 2020) & 100% organic – We have generated +$3M in revenue without using ads to reach new audiences, and we’re growing.
We believe design is playing a huge role in solving today’s biggest problems – from business to social change, designers are making an impact, and they can do it while working from anywhere, earning a great living.
Our mission at Flux Academy is to help people become amazing, high-value, successful designers.
About the role
Role location: Our HQ is based in Israel, so you’ll have to have at least 4 hours of sync with EMEA timezone
We’re looking for a marketing leader to build our marketing team and help us scale.
Your challenge would be to scale up what used to be an organic personal brand into a world-class company brand, that becomes a category leader in a market that currently does not have a clear leader.
If your dream is to be the CMO of a world-class company – come work with us to build your dream job: lead the growth and have an unparalleled impact on both culture and the results of the company.
You’ll learn more with us over the next 3 years than with any big corp, and we’ll help you build your personal brand.
You will be responsible for:
* Scaling awareness: scaling our social media efforts & manage scaling ads on multiple platforms. * Optimizing Activation: making sure our funnels, emails and website convert well, and that our current students keep enrolling to new programs with us. * Building the brand: make sure we create a competitive advantage by becoming the best storytellers in the industry and telling a differentiated, well-positioned story. * Building the marketing team: make sure we have the smartest, leanest and most talented marketing team in the world.
The right marketer for this role has:
- Experience building and managing a marketing team: You’re a people person.
- Experience and passion for both Brand & Performance marketing: You’ll have proven results for marketing materials that look amazing and convert well.
- Experience in content & social media marketing: You understand YouTube and Instagram well, and always have a finger on the pulse of what’s new (which is why you’re currently exploring TikTok).
- Experience in e-commerce or online learning.
- Love for numbers and the ability to analyze them to make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English).
- The ability to be autonomous and self-motivated in a remote work environment.
- Eye details, so you’ll start your application with “HOLA ”.
- Love for design.
The salary range for this role is $90k-$200k based on your past experience.
- 6 weeks paid vacation (after 6 months on the team, 2 in the first 6 months)
- 2 weeks of sick leave per year, including mental health days
- $2,800 yearly gear budget (after the first 3 months)
- $1,000 yearly learning budget for books / courses / conferences (after the first 3 months)
- Team retreat when it’s possible to fly to exotic places
Salary and compensation
$90,000 — $200,000/year