Trove (201-500 Employees, 138% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About Trove Recommerce
Recognized by FastCo in 2022 as one of the World Changing Ideas Awards and in 2020 as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, Trove powers resale as a channel for the world’s most beloved brands, extending the life of millions of products and creating more inclusive, less wasteful business models. We power the technology, operations, and analytics enabling retailers to stand up a scalable and profitable branded recommerce channel.
Our end-to-end item intelligence optimizes every step of the circular journey and transforms complex logistics into a joyful customer experience, adding to brand equity without increasing carbon emissions. Building and implementing this technology can’t come soon enough, resale is growing at 5 times the rate of e-commerce and 21 times the rate of traditional retail **.
A certified B-Corp, we power in-store and online retail for leaders such as Patagonia, REI, Eileen Fisher, Arc’teryx, Lululemon, Levi’s, and Allbirds with the mission of accelerating the shift to a new era of conscious commerce essential to a sustainable future.
**Source: The Consumers Behind Fashion’s Growing Secondhand Market, BCG, 2020. Source: Trove Data
About the VP of Engineering
As VP of Engineering, you will oversee a team of developers through various phases of software development. You will give technical direction, identify hiring needs, and drive performance by empowering our team members. You’re a hands-on computer software expert who is interested in being a true business partner with our Product team to help drive great products across the finish line. You’ll collaborate with various teams to determine how we’ll scale and extend current products by bringing vision and creative solutions to the business – all while balancing priorities. It’s essential you organize the teams for successful product releases.
You will help grow and scale a thriving team of more than 50 engineers that cover a range of domain expertise – including full stack, front end, devops, test automation and release engineering. You will provide a leading role in creating and executing a technical strategy to grow the business, defining and communicating engineering management best practices. This role will help define the next era of commerce in partnership with some of the world’s leading brands.
You will be successful here if you…
- Are passionate about delivering well-built software at startup speed
- Are curious, communicative, and have conviction, yet flexible
- Have a high sense of accountability, and love big challenges
- Hold yourself and others to high technical standards (design, architecture, and implementation)
- Have a healthy capacity to both accept and provide criticism
- Are humble, diligent, and have a sense of humor
What You’ll Do
- Lead engineering teams through inspired management and practical mentorship
- Champion department objectives, aligning activities with other departments and overall company goals
- Nurture both the cultural and technical maturity of the engineering organization
- Evolve software development strategy with a focus on SaaS development, automation, and continuous delivery
- Participate in recruiting engineers and contributors, both onshore and nearshore
- Develop standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are consistently achieved
- Provide technical leadership and architectural oversight on complex projects
- Recommend adoption of technologies and processes supporting innovation and improvements in efficiency
- Implement best practices for scalability, supportability, ease of maintenance, and system performance
- Oversee uptime, network and security monitoring, escalations, etc
Experience You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology, or equivalent experience
- Prior organizational leadership experience working with information technologies and software architecture
- Must be knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working in start-up or fast-paced, high-growth environments
- Experience collaborating with design, cross-functional stakeholders and product teams to make the complex simple for users
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and mentor senior engineering leaders
Nice to Haves
- Interest in sustainability
- Experience with logistics and/or inventory management
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
Why Work Here?
- Mission Driven – Work alongside passionate people to build the leading recommerce infrastructure and the circular economy.
- Flexible Remote Workplace – Trove’s flexible schedule and remote workplace allows employees to take control over their schedule, which is invaluable when it comes to attending to the needs of personal and work life.
- Unlimited PTO – Our unlimited vacation company policy allows employees to take as much leave as they need. Employees need time to rest and enjoy themselves outside work. Putting a cap on this important time doesn’t help our effort to achieve high levels of employee satisfaction and productivity.
- 401K – Employees can set aside pre-tax dollars to invest in a qualified retirement investment plan with a company match.
- Medical – Trove covers 100% of employee monthly premium.
- Equity/Share Options – The longer the employee works, the more stock become available to purchase.
- Learning Fund – Exempt employees have access to a pool of funds to support execution of their self-development goals and objectives.
- Partner Discounts – Enjoy eligibility for Pro Accounts and various partner discounts from Patagonia, Arcteryx and Eileen Fisher
Trove is proud to be an equal opportunity company but we don’t want to stop there. We strive to be an anti-racist company and we believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our full potential. At Trove we are building a company where we are not only proud of our mission, but how we are pursuing it. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status and we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Trove requires all employees to provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment, subject to exemptions for sincerely held religious beliefs, or medical reasons.