Airbyte (51-200 Employees, 886% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
As our VP of People, you will lead the entire people function at Airbyte, including People Operations, Recruiting, and Organizational Development. You will work closely with the founders and leadership as a key strategic partner as we aim to scale our globally distributed team from 75 to 200 people by the end of 2022, and potentially up to 500+ people by the end of 2023. You will lead and work closely with the Director of People Ops and the Recruiting Lead to develop a strategic end-to-end talent cycle: talent acquisition / recruiting, learning & development, performance management, engagement, career pathing, and succession planning.
You will work closely with the founders and leadership to develop and execute programs, processes, and policies to drive employee engagement and deepen the connection to Airbyte’s mission and vision. You will also lead change management communication.
This is a unique opportunity to meaningfully shape and execute our strategy across top priorities in the People space, and make a lasting impact. Our team is the foundation of everything at Airbyte, and we want to ensure they are happy, healthy, engaged, and productive.
- Act as a trusted strategic partner to the founders and leadership to develop, communicate, and execute a holistic people strategy
- Drive implementation and adoption of key people analytics to support thoughtful, data-driven people decisions throughout the entire employee lifecycle
- Develop learning & development programs and processes, for all teams and levels across the org, that enable employees’ continuous growth and performance, including manager training & development programs
- Lead the Talent team to identify ways to raise the bar and attract the best talent
- Serve as a partner to the recruiting team and hiring managers on talent strategy by refining talent acquisition strategies and processes that empower our talent team and hiring managers to attract top talent
- Oversee the development and implementation of competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs in close alignment with Finance
- Promote Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging practices at every stage of the employee lifecycle, ensuring awareness of underrepresented perspectives and training on equitable procedures
- Contribute to organization design and processes to support Airbyte’s rapid growth and hybrid remote culture (with headquarters in San Francisco and a distributed remote team in 19 US states and 10 countries)
- Lead, mentor, and coach members of the People Ops and Recruiting teams
- 8+ years of people/HR experience, including talent management and talent acquisition / recruiting
- 4+ years of startup experience
- Previously owned the People strategy at a hypergrowth SaaS company
- Proven track record in leading both People Ops and Recruiting functions at a startup with 500+ employees in a hybrid globally distributed remote culture
- Deep knowledge of best practices in core talent / HR domains: DEI, learning & development, performance management, talent acquisition, and remote culture
- Ability to relate to, influence, and coach employees of all levels in the organization
- Superior interpersonal, leadership, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- You believe in our values!
- Fully remote flexible work environment – we don’t look at when you log in, log out or how much time you work. We look at your output and we trust you; it’s the only way remote can actually work.
- Unlimited vacation policy- we need you at your best at all times. Our expected minimum time off lets you schedule your work around your life.
- Co-working space – most of our team enjoyed the WFH life but if you prefer to work from a co-working space, we will cover the full monthly cost.
- Parental leave (for both parents) – so you have time to adjust to the new life (and work) schedule introduced by your new bundle of joy.
- Travel With Purpose – we are a fully distributed, 100% remote-friendly team, however, we recognize the value of in-person time. We will pay for round-trip flights, hotel, transportation, and food on weekdays for you to visit our headquarters in San Francisco, or other members of your team around the world.
- Open book policy – we will pay for books you purchase for your professional and career development.
- Continuous learning/training policy – we sponsor you for the conferences and training programs you feel would add to your development in the company.
- Competitive benefits package for US-based employees, including:
- Blue Shield or Kaiser Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance to offer extra peace of mind, especially while we find ourselves in a global pandemic
- Healthcare insurance for those whose countries do not provide it for free.
- Mental Health Support for all team members provided via Spill.
- 401k for US-based employees.
- Sponsored visas for employees in need of them.