Somatus (501+ Employees, 275% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The VP of Provider Engagement develops positive, long-term relationships with physicians, healthcare providers and healthcare systems to support and improve financial and quality performance. The VP, Provider Engagement works within specific guidelines and procedures; applies advanced technical knowledge to solve complex business development problems; receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines approach, resources, schedules to achieve goals, and influences quality of life improvement for CKD and ESRD patients.
This position is remote anywhere in the state of Texas.
- Meet with and engage providers strategically prioritized by market data segmentation
- Build formal business relationships with key provider stakeholders within the clinically integrated networks including Nephrologists, PCPs, Specialists, SNFs, Dialysis Centers, Hospital Systems, and ASCs, to support Somatus’ quality and financial objectives in the market
- Collaborate with Somatus’ payor partner market teams to ensure alignment with provider engagement strategy and tactics
- Develop provider quality and financial incentives and contractual relationships with market providers in connection with wider Somatus provider engagement and operational team
- Maintain documentation on provider engagement and network efforts including contractual documents, CRM inputs if needed
- Support development of provider scorecards with Somatus’ Product and Innovation team
- Partner where necessary with Somatus’ clinical managers to support care team objectives related to network goals
- Show proficiency in the Somatus RenalIQ application and speak to qualitative data outputs in provider facing meetings
- Manage and professionally develop Provider Engagement Directors
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred (Business, Healthcare Administration, Public Health)
- 5-7 years’ minimum experience working with Pop Health and/or Integrated Health System and/or Provider Relations
- Proven ability to engage PCPs, Nephrologists, Specialists, Hospital Systems
- Proven ability supporting quality initiatives
- Proven planning, preparation and presentation skills, with established knowledge of reimbursement, health regulations, and bonus methodologies
- Demonstrated executive presence in conducting meetings and presentations with Physicians and key stake holders
- Self-starter in a remote work environment
- Positive, collaborative, and highly organized leadership style to drive outcomes
- Enjoys working collaboratively with team members
- Effective written and verbal communication skills demonstrating respect and cultural awareness during interactions with clients
- Ability to travel 50% (overnight travel required) throughout the state/regions and travel to HQ (Tyson’s Corner, VA) as needed
- Master’s Degree Preferred (Business, Healthcare Administration, Public Health)
- Experience in Business Development
- Understanding of Value Based Contracting / Pay for Performance / Healthcare Trends
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to utilize a CRM salesforce tracking tool
- Comprehensive knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and commercial policies, processes and procedures
- Cross departmental collaboration with briefings and area meetings; maintains frequent contact with department team
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our priority is the health and safety of our members, colleagues, partners, and community. Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination is required for employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodations consistent with our policy, and where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to the company pursuant to applicable law. All requests for proof of vaccination or for exemptions from the vaccination requirement will be subject to any limitations stipulated by current state and/or federal laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Somatus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.