Trove (201-500 Employees, 138% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Recognized by FastCo in 2022 as one of the World Changing Ideas Awards and in 2020 as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, Trove powers resale as a channel for the world’s most beloved brands, extending the life of millions of products and creating more inclusive, less wasteful business models. We power the technology, operations, and analytics enabling retailers to stand up a scalable and profitable branded recommerce channel.
Our end-to-end item intelligence optimizes every step of the circular journey and transforms complex logistics into a joyful customer experience, adding to brand equity without increasing carbon emissions. Building and implementing this technology can’t come soon enough, resale is growing at 5 times the rate of e-commerce and 21 times the rate of traditional retail **.
A certified B-Corp, we power in-store and online retail for leaders such as Patagonia, REI, Eileen Fisher, Arc’teryx, Lululemon, Levi’s, and Allbirds with the mission of accelerating the shift to a new era of conscious commerce essential to a sustainable future.
**Source: The Consumers Behind Fashion’s Growing Secondhand Market, BCG, 2020. Source: Trove Data
About the Warehouse Supervisor -Photo
As the warehouse supervisor, you are a key part of delivering on our commitments to our customers and our brand partners. You will direct a group of 10-20 warehouse associates, ensuring they are focused on the highest-priority tasks and balanced across processes to maximize efficiency. You will help motivate and develop team members through effective feedback and encouragement. In partnership with Warehouse Managers, you will help surface and resolve issues and coordinate on execution of company projects and initiatives.
- Provide in-day direction to warehouse associates on tasks and priorities
- Ensure associates have the supplies, tools, training and equipment needed to be productive
- Monitor and manage attendance and performance
- Model leadership at Trove and maintain our culture in the warehouse
- Address production and team issues where possible, and engage managers where needed
- In coordination with warehouse managers, assign team members to daily tasks, and redirect associates as tasks are completed or as priorities change
- Understand direct reports’ experience, strengths and areas of growth, including training on different processes, partners, and product types
- Provide regular feedback (both positive and constructive) to associates on performance, behavior and attendance as needed
- Help motivate associates through setting ambitious but attainable goals for each associate, and giving associates encouragement to reach their goals
- Maximize associate productivity by monitoring team supplies, troubleshooting device issues, and surfacing needs to operations leadership as needed
- Model our values and focus on effective onboarding of new associates to maintain our unique culture
- Partner with training resources to expand each associate’s skill set and ability to work across processes and partners
- Help coordinate associates to execute on Operations projects, tests and initiatives
- Experience managing in an operational or service environment (warehouse, retail, or customer service)
- Experience leading a group of 10+ people
- Proven ability to coordinate many people executing separate, highly detail oriented tasks at once
- Comfortable working in the dynamic, ambiguous environment of a startup operation
- Strong verbal communication skills needed to provide clear direction to your team and share information with warehouse managers
- People-centric leadership style: you lead with humility, empathy, and encouragement rather than rules and authority
- Fluent in providing effective feedback to help associates develop and to address performance issues
- Excited about our mission to reduce waste in the world
Best if you have:
- Previous experience in a rapidly-growing startup
Why you’ll love working here:
- Join a tight-knit team taking on a gigantic opportunity
- You’ll have a positive impact on the world while doing your job
- Lead a scrappy, dedicated and flexible team
- Help scale our unique operation focused on processing one-of-a-kind items
- Work with awesome visionary partner brands and retailers
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)
Trove is proud to be an equal opportunity company but we don’t want to stop there. We strive to be an anti-racist company and we believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our full potential. At Trove we are building a company where we are not only proud of our mission, but how we are pursuing it. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status and we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.