"Routeware, Inc" (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Routeware is the industry leader in providing software and data analysis that enables public and private enterprises to improve the effectiveness of their waste and recycling programs. Our solutions help organizations save time and money, increase efficiency, improve safety and help make our world a greener place.
Based in Portland, Oregon, the company employs a distributed team across North America and the UK. Our brands, products, and services provide an all-in-one platform to municipal and private waste haulers and other fleet services. As part of an essential and growing industry, we seek solution-oriented team players who want to positively impact the environment. Our work environment is collaborative, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun with a strong appreciation for innovation and initiative.
The Solutions Engineer is a key component of the Routeware North American direct sales team. This position is responsible for working with and supporting the North American direct sales team and providing technical and demonstration assistance on sales calls. The Solutions Engineer is also a vital factor in ensuring that what Routeware delivers matches customer expectations. This position will monitor the incoming support cases to ensure they are being worked on in a timely manner and by the correct people, as well as working with the support team to handle cases more effectively. Additionally, this position will act as a liaison between operations, sales & engineering.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Demonstrates Routeware products to prospects and customers.
- Develops of customer training programs.
- Develops executive “best practice” training initiatives.
- Works with engineering for escalated support cases as well as enhancements and feature requests gathered during sales cycle and onsite training.
- Performs post-sales product implementation/installation planning and execution
- Presales solution designs and proposals.
- Personally develops strong, long-term relationships and referrals with senior management within assigned territory.
- Works in close collaboration with Routeware’s presales, post sales, and Executive Management teams to ensure that proposed offerings and services fully meet customers’ business and technology needs.
- Adheres to all Routeware Sales, Human Resource, and corporate ethical policies, standards and guidelines.
- Demonstrates strong personal communication and presentation skills to establish interest, credibility and trust.
- Develops and participates in various other prospect and customer initiatives as they present themselves.
- Regularly travels to regional prospect and customer locations to support lead generation, sales presentations, contract negotiations, and ongoing relationship building.
- Demonstrated success in both new business acquisition and customer development selling in an enterprise software and/or IT services/technology environment.
- Demonstration of consistent over-achievement of client acquisition and sales revenue targets.
- 5+ years of client facing experience. Experience in the waste industry and/or other fleet technology sales is a plus.
- Experience with vendor selection processes including RFI and RFP issuance and response management;
- Ability to maintain strong sales management focus during sales cycles that are typically six months to one year in duration.
- Demonstrated ability to manage often complex negotiations with senior-level business and technology executives.
- Thorough command of English, both written and spoken.
- Comprehensive benefits (medical with HSA option, vision, dental, and life insurance)
- Paid parental leave
- Medical and Dependent FSA
- 401K match
- Paid Time Off
- Nine company holidays
This is a full time, remote role based in anywhere in the Northeast United States.
Routeware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination or harassment. At Routeware, we are committed to the principle of equality, and all employment decisions are based on job requirements, business needs, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.