Woven Planet (501+ Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Woven Planet, a Toyota subsidiary, is building the safest mobility in the world to transform how we live, work, and move. For nearly a century Toyota has delivered products and services that improve lives. We are continuing that legacy by focusing on automated driving, smart cities, and robotics with safety, reliability, and connection in mind. Together we will weave Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship to realize the dream for a better life for all people.
To build towards this future we need maps, but not just any maps. We need high-definition maps at a global scale that stay up-to-date with the ever-changing world. The Automated Mapping Platform team is taking on this vital work by building crowd-sourced software to enable high-precision localization and sustainable access to multi-layered data that will allow vehicles to stay connected. Our revolutionary business model will support mobility that is both scalable and sustainable, positioning Woven Planet as the world’s largest provider of up-to-date HD maps.
To support our endeavors, we’re looking for exceptional engineering talent to add to our Web Engineering team that is focused on developing reliable, intuitive web services (APIs, browser-based tools, efficient databases) to support next generation maps for autonomous vehicles.
Your opportunities will include planning, executing, and monitoring your own projects, as well as working alongside small groups of colleagues to achieve our goals. We encourage you to use your experience to bring your own ideas to the table, and to seek out opportunities to learn new skills. Success will be achieved by demonstrating your ability to deliver well-tested features that make a meaningful, metric-driven contribution to our overall output.
NOTE: If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – please apply! Skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
- You will build and maintain APIs with both internal and external clients
- You will introduce and iterate upon web-based user interfaces
- You will suggest, test, and determine the best datastore for each application
- You will monitor our applications using standard third-party tools
- You will write unit and integration tests to cover your new code
- You will help our team grow by engaging others in conversation and noting where we’ve succeeded, and failed
To be considered for this role, a candidate should meet all of the following (required):
- You have recognition of the importance of unit testing and an understanding of its role
- You have understanding of SQL and how efficient queries are achieved
- You have ample experience debugging live applications
- You have perception of how scale will affect various aspects of an application
Be sure to mention if you have any of the following optional, but relevant experience:
- You have degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- You have built applications using React or Vue
- You have developed application utilizing a NoSQL database
- You have setup applications for continuous integration/continuous delivery
- You have produced/visualized metrics to guide decision making
- You have experience deploying on AWS
- You have designed/improved web-based UI/UX
Benefits & Perks
We’re committed to creating an environment where you thrive personally and professionally. Our benefits are crafted to support your well-being on a number of levels and include:
- Attractive cash compensation package
- Competitive compensation package
- Company sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid, parental leave (26 weeks for Birthing Mothers | 18 weeks for Non-birthing parents)
- Generous benefits package including premium health care plan
- Toyota/Lexus Vehicle Leasing Program
- We expect to return to office in a hybrid capacity that emphasizes flexible working norms and time-off
- No state or city income taxes in our New York office as part of the START-UP NY program for new employees, nor in our Seattle office per Washington state laws
- Backup child/elder care
- Monthly home office stipend
- Mental health and wellness program from Modern Health
- Concierge Medical support by OneMedical
- Telehealth benefits
- Short-term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Disability Insurance
- In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
*This position is open to be US-remote, but candidates residing in the greater Seattle or NYC areas are strongly preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and diversity is critical to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are advocates for justice and overt promoters of marginalized, under-represented groups and individuals.