WEKA / Weka.IO (201-500 Employees, 124% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
WEKA addresses the storage challenges posed by today’s enterprise AI workloads, and other high-performance applications running on-premises, in the cloud, or bursting between platforms. WEKA offers a modern, subscription software-based data platform delivering 10x+ performance and the scale demanded by today’s cloud and AI workloads. The WEKA Data Platform Delivers the simplicity of NAS, the performance of SAN or DAS, and the scale of object storage, with no compromises.
As a WEKA Storage Administrator, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of WEKA Storage Infrastructure for our Managed Services customers. You will work cross-functionally directly with WEKA Managed Services customers, with internal teams at various locations, as well as with external 3rd party vendors. You will implement the WEKA Data Platform, create file systems, configure and attach buckets from object storage, and configure tiering policies, troubleshooting common daily issues, frequently engaging and collaborating with WEKA colleagues.
The WEKA Storage Administrator role is critical to WEKA’s Manager Services as it augments our services offerings to our customers. The WEKA Storage Administrator will become intimately acquainted with the customer's business requirements, mission, objectives, systems and solutions, environment, and service history. General direction is provided on routine work, while detailed direction is provided on new projects and assignments and ongoing review of activities and priorities. The ideal candidate will be a critical contributor or lead on solution/deployment projects.
The types of tasks this individual is responsible for are a mix of structured and unstructured tasks, focusing on assisting customers to achieve their objectives. The WEKA Storage Administrator will apply attained experiences and knowledge in deploying and maintaining complex storage solutions.
- Storage management and optimization, including upgrades, audits, performance monitoring, file system creation, NFS / SMB / S3 configuration as needed, etc
- Documentation: create and maintain architecture, operational and workflow documentation of the WEKA environment according to best practices
- Service management: interact and integrate with operational service management teams (internally and externally) to ensure smooth, continuous storage operations
- Customer management: serve as a trusted adviser to the customer, providing technical mentorship on WEKA solutions
- Partnering with Oracle and other 3rd party vendors to implement solutions based on customer’s requirements and designs
- Effectively communicating with internal customers, peers, and managers regarding storage administration issues.
- Strong Experience (10+Years) with architecture and administration of traditional storage architectures
- Experience with architecture and administration of Object, Block, or File (NFS, SMB) storage required
- Able to effectively navigate various OS such as Linux RedHat/OEL, IBM AIX, Solaris, Windows.
- Experience deploying large Cloud deployments and working knowledge of AWS, Oracle Cloud, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with LAN/WAN networking schemes such as DNS, ACLs, TCP/IP, and OSI models
- Experience with DevOps scripting languages such as Python, Ansible, Bash, etc. is desirable.
- Experience with Ticketing system tools and competencies in Major Incident Management
- Knowledge of using system monitoring/alerting tools for Enterprise IT Infrastructures
- Able to proficiently coordinate and troubleshoot problems in partnership with internal teams and external 3rd party vendors
- Experience evaluating & managing outages to business-critical infrastructure
- Able to meet service-level agreement (SLA) deadlines and work within a fast-paced environment