Ditch the Office, Head to Bali and Learn How To Build a Successful Remote Team
Did you know that according to ‘The 2017 State of Telecommuting in the US Employee Workforce’ report, approximately 3.9 million people in the US (that’s around 3% of the total US working population) worked from home at least half of the time in 2015?
That’s a whopping 115% increase since 2005!
So it’s great to know that remote work is on the rise and that more and more companies are starting to embrace the future of work and reap the benefits of adopting this new way of working.
But if you’re thinking about starting a remote company, or transitioning your existing team to go remote, you’ll undoubtedly face some challenges along the way.
We know many business owners who are scared to take the plunge. Especially when they hear stories in the media of big companies like IBM and Yahoo! apparently failing in their attempt to make it work and abruptly pulling their remote teams back into the office when things got tough.
Here’s a snapshot of some of the key issues faced by remote team leaders…
- Trying to set meetings when staff are distributed across so many different time zones
- Making sure everyone is kept up-to-date with company announcements
- Ensuring communication is always clear and well-documented
- Convincing senior management of the benefits of remote work
- Making sure remote staff are working productively
- Handling daily operations efficiently without an office
- Scaling remote teams
- Finding efficient, easy and affordable ways to pay remote employees who are spread across the globe
- Collaborating effectively on design projects without the face-to-face interaction
- Bridging the gap with a hybrid team of in-house and remote workers
- Knowing how to keep remote staff motivated when they want more than just compensation
- Dealing with digital nomads moving around the globe
It might not be easy, but now for the good news.
A lot of companies have gone before you and through years of experimentation and exploration have been able to overcome many of these challenges. They’re paving the way; finding new ways to reap the rewards of having remote distributed teams, and they’re thriving because of it.
And best of all … they’re willing to share their stories, experiences and nuggets of wisdom with YOU.
How? Through an exciting Remote Work conference …
Running Remote 2018!
Running Remote is a remote work conference like no other, and we’re super proud to be sponsoring this exciting event.
It’s the world’s biggest ever Remote Work event to be held in Bali, Indonesia and it’s being organized by world-renowned, and one of Forbes Top 10 coworking spaces, HUBUD.
The conference will host eminent speakers from some of the most forward-thinking, remote-first companies in the world, including Buffer, Doist, Atlassian, Github and more.
This two day event will be held on June 23rd and 24th 2018 at the incredible Green School Bali, in the beautiful village of Ubud, Bali Indonesia.
We’re proud to be a sponsor of Running Remote alongside other great companies whose workforce entirely or substantially consists of remote employees. Companies like Transferwise, Time Doctor, Empire Flippers, Balsamiq, DI Designs Studio, Crunchbase, WebinarNinja, GoGoPlaces, Transformify, Intellyo, Livit, and Unicorns in Tech.
You won’t want to miss this opportunity to get up close and personal with these speakers and participate in discussions about how to build and scale a remote team. You’ll also network with many other amazing CEOs who run remote companies … plus it’s a really good excuse for a holiday in beautiful Bali.
** TICKETS ON SALE NOW **